The John Dewey Academy
The John Dewey Academy is a behavior modification facility located 389 Main Street, Great Barrington, Massachusetts .
The target group is youth aged between 16 and 21 .
They have room for 35 teenagers of both genders. The average length of a stay is about 18 months.
The program was founded in 1985.
The program use positive Peer Pressure.
The program is mentioned in the book "The Group Therapy of Substance Abuse" 
John Dewey Academy on Wikipedia.
In 2004 the school was sued by a former student because the school has failed to protect him from a relationship with one of the teacher. The relationship resulted in birth of a child. In relationship with this case it was revieled that there had been a previous case where another teacher had pleaded No-contest to a second-degree unlawful restraint, which involved an alleged relationship with a 17-year-old girl  
In 2007 is was stated that the campus was put on the market for sale .
A new generation of great fortunes has been made in the global marketplace, and the schools and institutions that own the old mansions are putting them up for sale as private homes. The John Dewey Academy in Great Barrington has put its own fortress of a campus -- a gilded-age mansion once known as Searles Castle -- on the market for $15 million. But the selling price doesn't begin to anticipate all the costs associated with running a home that would require dozens of household staff.
In 2008 a former student was arrested charged for rape 
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: Residential treatment for gifted and self-destructive adolescents: The John Dewey Academy, by Bratter, Thomas Edward, Sinsheimer, Lisa, Kaufman, Danielle Sara, Alter, Jonathan Steven.
- Forum: Civil Suit Against Dewey in MA, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: "Attack Therapy" at The John Dewey Academy, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- The facility on google maps
- Program details on NATSAP
- The Group Therapy of Substance Abuse, by David W. Brook and Henry I. Spitz, Haworth Press 2002, ISBN 0789017822, 9780789017826
- Dewey Academy is sued over teacher-student affair, By Derek Gentile, Berkshire Eagle Staff, August 26 2004 (Reprint from International Survivor Action Committee (ISACORP))
- Searles Castle, Estate of the Day
- Reformers' industry ideals hearken back to Wharton, By Peter S. Canellos, The Boston Globe, August 21, 2007
- Suspect in brutal '03 Dyer rape nabbed, BY DAN HINKEL, nwi.com, may 29 2008