The Village or Acadia Village formerly known as Peninsula Village is a behavior modification facility for adolescents aged 13 - 17 years of age located on 2341 Jones Bend Rd, Louisville, Tennessee .
It was established in 1986 
The detainees are children who are either placed by their parents, by court order as an alternative to prison or by the social authorities.
An average stay takes between 3 and 9 months .
If the detainee would not go there by themselves, the parents are advised to use a Youth transport firm or use relatives, but some are tricked there by their parents.
The program keep male and female detainees separated. At no part of the program does male and female detainees interact unsupervised. If a two groups of detainee pass each other they have to look in the ground while they pass. They are not allowed to look at each other. The program consist of two parts.
Special Treatment Unit
The detainee are first placed in a lockdown unit called the Secured Admissions Unit or Special Treatment Unit.
It is a hospital like environment, where the detainee are not allowed to speak outside group therapy, individual therapy and family therapy session over the phone.
It is a zero tolerance environment where every rule breaking is addressed with the detainee being pinned down by the staff and taken to an isolation cell.
Intensive use of straight jackets and body net combined with nylon restraints on a bed are reported (Nami). The parent manual confirms use of a bed restraint and a restraint jacket. A former survivor has confirmed the restraint jacket as a Posey Transport Jacket 
A daily schedule at STU is described as following by a survivor:
|06:30||Wake up, make beds, do morning hygiene||13:00||Priority time, necessaries group, exercises, quiet time||19:30||Evening hygiene|
|08:00||Chores||16:00||Afternoon activity||21:30||Wrap up|
|09:00||Morning activity (Monday through Friday schedules changed)||17:00||Dinner||22:00||Spiritual time|
|11:00||Group Psychotherapy||18:00||Group Psychotherapy||22:05||Lights out|
|12:00||Lunch||19:00||Priority time, necessaries group, exercises, quiet time|
The second part of the program takes place in a wooden area next to the Secured Admissions Unit, where the detainees live in very primitive cabins. There is now running water in the cabins so the detainees has to get it from wells. Due to these unsanitary conditions a detainee was hospitalized due to E.coli poisoning (Ecoliblog) .
There is some schooling but the most of the time is spent doing psychical work like wood-chopping and carrying items. Here is a sample schedule from the cabin program:
|06:00||Wake up||12:00||Lunch||18:00||CD Work (CD work was our AA and NA 12 step work)|
|06:15||Bathhouse / hygiene / pray||12:33||Clean up /rotation / porta||18:30||Consequences|
|06:35||Lanterns / trash||13:00||Group therapy @ cabin||19:00||Tai Chi|
|06:45||Meditation @ YC (the dining hall)||14:00||Cabin jobs / shower clothes||20:15||Handing out medication, nursing|
|07:00||Breakfast||14:35||voc / tool shed||20:30||Showers|
|07:28||Clean up / split rotation / porta / dump and fill gott (porta is short for porta john. there was no running watter in the cabins so we had to use porta johns. There were restrooms at the YC, bathhouse and school, though.)||16:45||Clean up / tool shed||21:30||Wrap up / removing the last porta|
|08:00||voc / tool shed||17:10||Line up / geloha||22:00||Bedtime|
|11:30||Clean up / tool shed||17:15||Dinner|
|11:55||Line up / Geloha (gelohas set the table for dining.)||17:43||Clean up / split rotation / lanterns|
Peninsula Village is licensed as a private school approved by the Tennessee State Department of Education and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). However the education are not carried out regularly and it have resulted in lawsuits between local school districts and parents of placed detainees (Oregon Department of Education)  The education often consists of being given a worksheet and told to work on it.
In the News
- Convicted cop-killer Matthew Grant spent his youth at the facility and learned the skills that is useful at his present placement (The News Observer) .
- One of the youth convicted of conspiracy of committing murder and using an explosive device to blow up a school is also detained at the facility (Daily Progress) 
- Convicted rapist Andrew Klepper was sent to the program after using a baseball bat on a woman in connection with rape followed by a stay at CEDU . He later reoffended despite the treatment .
- November 2, 2009 it was announced that the facility was sold to Acadia Healthcare in Atlanta . In relationship with the sale the facility will change name to "The Village" .
- September 2011 former alumni Timothy “Tim” Kaufman was wanted for murder in the Philippines 
- November 2012 two girls managed to escape the facility. However they were recaptured and detained at the local juvenile detention center 
- April 2017 an employee was arrested due to an alleged improper relationship with one of the teenagers 
- Program data on NATSAP
- The facility on Google Maps
- Posey Transport Jacket, the witness used sized small (80-120 lbs), Posey Restraint Net, Additional nylon restraints for use on the ankles in connection with the out of the restraint bed (The hook and loop closure model)
- Ecoliblog (2005), Tennessee: Peninsula Village E. coli Litigation
- Oregon Department of Education, B.V. against Lincoln Country School Distric
- About the case of Cop-killer Matthew Grant, The News Observer
- Hawranke's Web profile focused on violence, drugs, Daily Progress (2006)
- Whitman students charged as adults in sexual assault case, By Robin Hernandez, Silver Chips Online, December 13 2002
- Teen Guilty in 2002 Sex Case Arrested on New Charge, By Ernesto Londoño, Washington Post Staff Writer,June 8 2006
- Acadia Healthcare Announces Acquisition of Peninsula Village RTC, press-release on strugglingteens.com - industry marketingsfirm, November 2, 2009
- Peninsula Village Changes Name to "The Village", press-release on strugglingteens.com - industry marketingsfirm, November 2, 2009
- Suspects in Angeles double murder on the run, By: Jess Malabanan, Central Luzon Daily, September 14, 2011
- Blount Co. resident helps deputies recapture escaped teen girls, WBIR, November 13, 2012
- Employee at Louisville teen rehab facility charged with providing drugs to minor patient, engaging in 'illicit physical relationship', The Daily Times, April 12 - 2017