Victims - Denmark
This page contains a list of youth, who died in the care of a group home or a boarding school in Denmark.
The list is far from complete. The minister of social services has denied a request from the organization Godhavnsdrengene (The boys from the facility Godhavn) of an investigation of this area.
|Name||Age||Facility||Date||Cause of death (If investigated or published at all)|
|Amalie Ravn||?||Sydvestfyns Efterskole||1990||Alleged suicide |
|(Unknown)||18||Humble||April 2004||Downing  |
|(Unknown)||17||Egely||December 2006||Supposed suicide - necktie party  |
|Piuaatsoq Umaq||19||Nyborgskolen||March 26, 2009||Not yet determined |
- Svigtet da behovet var der, blog der nævner nogle af ovennævnte sager
- Amalie Ravn. SVE, a thread on Deldig.dk about a suicide committed by one of the teenagers back in 1990
- Efterskole på Langeland ramt af tragedie (Continuation School on Langeland hit by tragedy), Denmarks Radio, April 17 2005
- Skole-forstander: Vi er dybt ulykkelige (Director: We are deeply unfortunate), By Jens Anton Havskov, BT, April 18 2005
- 17-årig pige fundet død på institution (17 year old found death at facility - article in Danish), BT, December 20 2006
- 17-årig på sikret institution tog sit eget liv (17 year old on a secure facility took her own life), by POUL KJÆRGAARD, Fyens.dk, December 21 2006
- Nyborgposten uge 14 - nekrolog (Obituary from the school)