White River Academy
White River Academy is a behavior modification facility located near Delta in Utah. The postal adress are stated to be 275 W 100 S, Delta, UT 84624 .
The facility was established in Costa Rica in July 2002 under the name: "White River Adventure" . Among the founders was Randall Hinton, who later was convicted in relationship with his role at Royal Gorge Academy . Another person in the management is Justin Nielson.
The facility moved to Utah in November 2006.
It is for boys only aged 13 to 17.
They sell three types of program marketed as boot camps programs .
- 60 day wake up call program
- 90 day wake up call program
- Long Term program
They use a level system.
On a typical weekday the daily schedule looks like this:
There are 3 to 4 teenagers in each room depending on size.
According to their website the detained teenager can speak to his parents twice per month minimum.
A special "High Impact program" will be forced upon teenagers, who tries to run.
In the News
In December 2006 two of the detained boys managed to escape. Despite lack of court order regarding their status as detainees, they were returned to the facility for further confinement .
In January 2007 a stabbing took place at the facility. A 17 year old boy was stabbed by a 16 year old. The wound was 4 inches deep and the victim ended up at the Delta Community Hospital 
- Info: Program homepage
- Forum: White River Academy, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: SUE SCHEFF AND RANDALL HINTON, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: WHO OWNS THIS PROGRAM?, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- The facility on Google Maps
- WHITE RIVER ADVENTURE - New Perspectives 11/04 - strugglingteens.com - industry marketing firm.
- Boot Camp for Troubled Teens
- 2 teen escapees from Delta facility are caught, Deseret News, December 4 2006
- Millard teen arrested in stabbing at school, Deseret News, January 15 - 2007.