The White Shield Center located on 2640 NW Alexandra, Portland, Oregon offers a number of programs 
It is managed by the Salvation Army.
They present four programs on their homepage:
- A long term parenting program
- The James and Lila Miller Early Intervention Center
- The Wildflowers program
- Transitioning to independence
The Wildflowers program which is targeted towards girls aged between 12 and 18 is currently under investigation by HEAL-online. It is a locked program for girls placed there by the state for a number of reasons. The length of stay is stated to be 90 days but longer stays have been seen.
A newspaper article described that they use a level system in their programs .
The run a inhouse school 
- Info: Homepage of the program
- Info: White Shield project, a page about research of what became of the children born inside the facility.
- Info: Alexandra Avenue Bridge, a blog about the bridge leading up to the home - includes a number of links.
- Survivor group: Moms love is forever Support group on Yahoo for Stolen Babies, Exiled Parents, and Siblings missing brothers and sisters to provide support and healing to those who were affected by forced and coerced adoption.
- Forum: Need memories for book: History of White Shield, a thread on the adoption forum