Whitmore Academy was a behavior modification facility located in Nephi, Utah .
They had room for 12 female detainees .
It was closed down following a trial, where one of the owner - Cheryl Sudweeks - made a bargain with the authorities .
Cheryl Sudweeks was charged with 7 counts of child abuse, hazing against 4 Whitmore students as a result of this criminal investigation--and she accepted a PLEA BARGAIN, rather than face a criminal trial. Cheryl Sudweeks accepted her guilt.
Beside the residential program the owners also used a part of the mansion for Bed and Breakfast. It remains unclear whether the Bed and Breakfast remains open for customers 
In the news
In 2002 one of the managers - Mark Sudweeks - were found guilty on two counts of causing distress under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act.
November 2008 they settled the abuse cases out of court 
- Info: Article on the webpage of International Survivor Action Committe about the facility
- Info: Juab accuses school owner of child abuse (Utah, Whitmore) - June 14, 2005, a document from CAFETY.
- Forum: WHITMORE NEWS, A thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Has Mark Sudweeks Applied to Re-0pen Whitmore as B&B?, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Whitmore Academy Civil Case Settles Out of Court, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Whitmore Academy settles out of court for 450,000 dollars, a thread on the message board of the Fight Institutional Child Abuse Network
- The facility on Google maps
- On our front page this week, The Times-News
- Tread on Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth
- The Whitmore Mansion B&B, I love inns
- SPCA Welcomes Landmark Conviction in Horse Case, BC SPCA, July 2002
- Ex-school owners OK $450,000 settlement, 8 students accused couple of abusing and hazing them, By Ethan Thomas, Deseret News, Published: November 19, 2008