Yellowstone Boys and Girls
Yellowstone Boys and Girls is a behavior modification facility located on 1732 S 72nd Street West, Billings, Montana 59106 
The facility use a level system where the detained children has to submit to the program in order to advance from a real lockdown environment to normal boarding school conditions.
Intake / High secure units
New arrivals are detained in the Brekkeflat Intensive Treatment Unit. It is basically a level three lockdown. A mother, who took her son from the facility destribed it in a tread on Fornits webforum:
My son had been placed on an “individual security plan” or solitary confinement, which meant he had no contact with peers in the facility, he could make no outside phone calls and he was under constant surveillance by the staff. The reported number of procedures enforced involving physical restraints was extremely high. He was frequently physically restrained several times in a single day for relatively minor infractions. He has a large lump on his forehead and he explained to me that he had been “choke-slammed” or grabbed by the throat, thrown face first on the floor by a staff person and then again restrained.
High secure units
They have three high secure units, which serve different age groups and gender.
- Fortin Lodge (18 boys, aged 12 to 18)
- Alvina Kramlich Lodge (10 girls, ages 12 to 18)
- Paul Stock Lodge (10 younger boys, up to the age of 14)
These three units are classified as high secure and education is inhouse.
Units with structured environment
If the detained teenagers can show that she submit to the program, they can be moved to these units, which offers a structured environment with out the security of the above units.
- Shumaker Lodge (10 girls, ages 12 to 18)
- McVay Lodge (10 boys, ages 12 to 18)
- Leuthold Lodge (10 boys, ages 9 to 13)
- Dorothys Lodge Little Boys Lodge (8 boys, ages 6 to 11)
Units with less structured environment
- Jessie Grant Lodge (10 girls, ages 12 to 18)
- King Lodge (10 boys, ages 12 to 18)
If one of the detained children are not working the program they can be placed on "individual security plan", which is confinement from both peers and family as the communication will be suspended.
In the news
A newspaper reported of an alleged incident of abuse. The facility has denied to report the incident to the Montana Child Protective Services Agency, so it could be investigated by the authorities. The facility would not allow parents and the child's lawyer access to the child  .
The boy was later redrawn from the facility 
- The facility on MapQuest
- California Youth Claims Abuse in Montana Treatment Center, Sales News, October 23 - 2007
- California Youth Claims Abuse in Montana Treatment Center, same article as a re-print from Internationl Survivor Action Committee
- http://www.helenair.com/articles/2007/11/22/montana/c10112207_02.txt Boy claiming mistreatment is withdrawn from YBGR program], By Billings Gazette Staff, Helenair.com, November 22 2007
- Info: Program homepage
- Forum: California Boy Abused at Yellowstone Boys and Girls: Montana, a thread about the facility on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch & Beyond, a thread about the facility on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch ... So Done, a thread on Fornits webforum